Fraudulent traffic can be a significant problem for online advertisers, resulting in wasted budgets and decreased ROI. ClickGUARD's advanced system uses machine learning algorithms to identify and prevent a wide range of fraudulent click types.
Here are some of the types of fraud that ClickGUARD helps to catch:
- Unwanted Clicks: Coming from visitors that are not interested in the advertised content, but not necessarily fraudulent. They can still result in wasted budgets and decreased ROI.
- Disruptive Clicks: These clicks cause budget disruptions due to excessive clicks or lack of user engagement. They may not be fraudulent but still need to be monitored to avoid wasting budgets.
- Abusive Clicks: Abusive clicks are more frequent and more likely to be fraudulent than disruptive clicks. They often indicate malicious intent, such as competitors attempting to deplete the advertiser's budget or an individual or group trying to commit click fraud.
- Competitor Clicks: Detected when a competitor repeatedly clicks on an ad in an attempt to deplete the advertiser's budget and lower their ad ranking. Competitor clicks can also be a sign of malicious intent.
- Click Farm Clicks: These clicks are extreme and indicate sophisticated fraud attack patterns. This type of fraud occurs when an individual or group operates a network of devices or individuals to click on ads.
- Threat Clicks: Threat clicks are those that originate from a confirmed attack source, such as a botnet or malicious software. These clicks can result in significant damage to an advertiser's budget and reputation.
- Bounced Clicks: Occur when a visitor clicks on an ad but does not reach the landing page, indicating that the click was likely fraudulent or unintentional. Advertisers need to monitor bounced clicks to prevent wasting their budgets.
- Outside Geo Clicks: Outside Geo clicks are those that originate outside of the advertising region, indicating a possible attempt to commit click fraud. These clicks can result in wasted budgets and decreased ROI.
- Bot Clicks: Bot clicks are those that exhibit abnormal behavior on the landing page, indicating that they are not from genuine human visitors. These clicks can result in significant damage to an advertiser's budget and reputation.
In conclusion, ClickGUARD's system can help online advertisers identify and prevent a wide range of fraudulent click types. By understanding these different types of click fraud and using advanced algorithms to detect them, advertisers can optimize their advertising campaigns and maximize their ROI.