When you install the website tracking code on your landing page(s) ClickGUARD is able to measure visitor's interaction with your website.
ClickGUARD tracks different interaction metrics, including (but not limited to):
- clicks on page elements
- focusing and interacting with forms
- scrolling through the page
- selecting and copying text from the page
By streamlining these metrics into an intelligent algorithm ClickGUARD is able to create interaction patterns that can be compared with previously recorded behavior patterns.
The output is an interaction matrix:
- no interaction - there was no interaction
- low interaction - visitor's interaction was lower then expected for the given campaign and device type
- medium interaction - visitor's interaction was around expected level of interaction for the given campaign and device type
- high interaction - visitor's interaction was higher then expected for the given campaign and device type
The given metrics are also used to determine bot probability.
How accurate is interaction data?
Interaction level is provided with extreme accuracy, due to the versatility of the way ClickGUARD gauges interaction:
- ClickGUARD maintains expected interaction patterns for every single ad campaign - because different campaigns might have different conversation funnels, and for every single device type - because interactions are extremely different on mobile phones, tablets and laptop/desktop devices.
- One of the important aspects of user interaction that ClickGUARD takes into consideration is time spent on site (session time), because users can't realistically interact with the site much in a short amount of time.
How is this information used?
Knowing the level (or absence of) interaction with your website after an ad click is actionable data you can use in Visitor Behavior rules.